What You Think About Veterans May Be Wrong
reading time 8 min
- The vast majority of veterans have no health issues—and that includes post-traumatic stress.
- Most Guard and Reserve activity is scheduled and predictable.
- Don’t underestimate military spouses—they’re experienced and educated.
Learn to Speak “Military”
reading time 6 min
- Military branches: what they’re called and what their ranks mean.
- Get familiar with the acronyms you’ll see on veterans’ resumes.
- Of the 2.2 million men and women serving, about 830,000 are in the Guard and Reserve.
12 Ways Veterans Excel on the Job
reading time 5 min
- With drive, efficiency, skills, training and strong leadership ability, veterans rise to the top.
- Hiring military spouses can connect you to a community filled with exceptional talent and experience.
Veterans Show Up Ready to Work
reading time 2 min
- Veterans are highly trained by the military, and they are quick learners.
- Veterans are not afraid of hard work. In fact, they seek it out.
Matching Military Experience with Civilian Jobs
reading time 6 min
- Appreciating a veteran’s experience requires a familiarity with military jobs and terminology.
- Understand certifications, licenses and military training.
- Learn the best way to evaluate a veteran’s credentialing.
Help Your Workers Understand Veterans
reading time 3 min
- Your entire workforce should understand the culture, values and structure of the military.
- Establish compliance and awareness training.
- Educate your employees on the facts about post-traumatic stress.
Military Spouses—a “Hidden” Pool of Qualified Talent
reading time 4 min
- More than 85 percent of military spouses have taken college-level courses.
- Military spouses often gain a great deal of experience through volunteer work.
- There are valuable resources available for hiring military spouses.