To help protect your personal information on this site,
please log out of your Facebook account now.
log out of facebook
What You Think About Veterans May Be Wrong
reading time 8 min
- The vast majority of veterans have no health issues—and that includes post-traumatic stress.
- Most Guard and Reserve activity is scheduled and predictable.
- Don’t underestimate military spouses—they’re experienced and educated.
Learn to Speak “Military”
reading time 6 min
- Military branches: what they’re called and what their ranks mean.
- Get familiar with the acronyms you’ll see on veterans’ resumes.
- Of the 2.2 million men and women serving, about 830,000 are in the Guard and Reserve.
Understanding & Supporting Military Duties
reading time 5 min
- Get to know your employees’ military commanders. And get comfortable calling them.
- Make your support a company-wide policy. Put it in writing.
- Beyond letter writing, there are more ways to support deployed employees and their families.